“Tratalias is not close to anything.” This is how ‘The End is Known’ (1992) begins: a taxi driver replies to Fabrizio Bentivoglio, on his way from Cagliari to the town in lower Sulcis, which he believed to be closer. The film confirms the initial statement: Tratalias seems like a village far away in time, with the charm of thousands of years of history still intact. It emerged opposite the Gulf of Palmas around the year 1000 (like its current one thousand inhabitants) and its period maximum splendour was during its time as an episcopal see in the Pisan and Spanish period. It maintained a leading role until the nineteenth century. The original village was abandoned in the 1980s, after the creation of the artificial lake of monte Pranu, when its seeping waters made the homes inaccessible. The new village was created a few hundred metres away. The ‘ghost’ village with just a few renovated stone houses will take you back to the enchanted atmosphere of the ancient Tatalia, once enclosed by three ‘Baroque’ arches (two are still intact), which may have been entrances to the citadel. In the centre there is the cathedral of Santa Maria di Monserrato, built between 1212 and 1282, where the diocese of Sulci was located from 1218 to 1503 after the abandonment of Sant'Antioco and the coast in 1503, due to the threat of Saracen incursions.